The MP did not specify in interview with “Ipress” whether Mikheil Chinchaladze would support him or not. As for Kobakhidze, Beselia or Neutral, who is a member of the team, he says that he is a member of the majority and can not consider themselves in any particular team.
– On the background of the tense situation in the Georgian Dream you have the position on judges. Do you personally support the list of candidates for the supreme supervision by the Council of Justice?
– If we agree that in the future when we have a parliament elected through a proportional system, where pluralism and difference of opinion are a positive moment, why do we think that different opinions in the “Georgian Dream” are a problem? I can not call them special tensions, but there are different positions in different directions.
As for the judges, fortunately there is no need to support or refuse the list. Like the President’s motivated remarks. There are candidates for whom society and lawmakers have some comments and presumably the candidates who are not likely to support the Parliament, nor are I among them. There will be candidates who can get support. Each candidate has to study the end. To tell everyone that you know the biography and the quality of their credibility is not a problem for me, it is not. That’s why I need additional information and additional consultations.
– For example, will you support Chinchaladze?
– You do not specify what exactly. I understand a particular name, but studying his biography is important for me, what is wrong with this person if it is done at all.
Q: You have not heard anything about Chinchaladze till now?
– I hear it. How will I make a decision? There are such candidates who can not get my support. But now I do not want to speak to you. I’m telling you in advance that there are several candidates who can not support my support.
– As for the situation in the “Georgian Dream”, you think it’s different and you can not see what’s happening in this situation?
_ do you know what? What about the controversy? If we talk about the last thing, we were talking about candidates for judges. This is the topic. I do not think that there are such MPs in the “Georgian Dream” who support ten candidates. I repeat that these candidates will be discussed and I think that all of them will not be able to come to the end of the list.
As for the second moment, it is also that 28 judges are appointed in the Supreme Court and 10 judges are appointed today. This should also be taken into consideration that it is necessary to drag it out and that the ten candidates do not think it’s right. There are lots of cases and ten judges are unable to discuss these cases today. Therefore, we need serious thought, analysis, and extra time to choose a worthy candidate.
– The groups were allocated in the parliamentary majority. No matter what the controversy is, it’s still in the eye. Which team do you play in Beselia’s team, Kobakhidze or the third neutral team?
– I am a member of the majority and I can not find myself in a separate team. If I had such a thing before, I did not feel it. Differences are different but I can not call it confrontation.
– Different opinions are the same, but the vast majority of members say there is a controversy. We heard this from Beselia, from Popkhadze. Zari Popkhadze to not comment Sh.
– Do you comment or do not mean to change or change your position? When discussing the team, the team members should wait and discuss it accordingly. After that, take or leave a different opinion or outside of your own position.
_ When the discussion was not over, did you have a call and did not ask you to do the assessment with media?
– There is a team agreement when we have different positions or we have a team position but the team is trying to make everybody stand in one place and there is no such discussion. Otherwise this team would not be too many people. There was a lot of opinions about the issue in the team. The same marijuana cultivation law, labor safety and etc. Sh. Even before another law was not passed, there were different opinions. That’s why I think this is a healthy process. As for the confrontation, it is never desirable and I think that these relationships will be sorted out. I do not see a problem that can not be settled.
_ Do you think that all this is solved?
– There may be some possibility in the team to feel that some people feel more like them. I do not even see this problem. In the end, it is a more healthy process than it is to have a choice and 115 deputies or to rediscover red.
– I mean in my question that you think that Beselia, Popkhadze, Gogichaishvili, Natsvlishvili and A. Sh. Does not affect the majority?
– I say once more, no attempt to influence anyone from the judges to indicate any support or not, it will not be. I am confident in this. Therefore, I think that the unity of the team in this topic will be that each MP will make a decision based on his conscience, its awareness and truth. I can not see that you do not agree with the idea.
The PS interview was recorded yesterday, January 9. At that time Bidzina Ivanishvili’s statement of “Georgian Dream” was not widely reported. Consequently, we will not ask questions about Ivanishvili’s statement regarding the MP.