In 2020 the general skills examination on the Unified National Exams will not be mandatory. Universities will have the opportunity to add the relevant and relevant examination (including general skills) of their program if they wish. Georgian language and literature and foreign language exams will be mandatory for everyone. It is noteworthy that universities will have the right to define the barrier for each examination subject according to the program’s priorities. In addition, enrollments will still be centralized, but the rule of grant funding will be replaced with a new list of obligations .In addition, the rule on which the applicant could not enter the examination or the examination of the test was lost by the entrant’s ability to receive the grant. Misha Mindadze , director of Tbilisi school # 161 and expert Tamar Jakeli are talking about these pins.
– What do you think about the unified national exams?
– Unified exams on the general exams, because it was necessary to remove the exams in a way that ended a strange and vicious practice. Ie A book was published on general issues; The parents started to prepare children in this “subject”, the teacher began to rehearse … but the general skill is the subject? This is a habit that should be developed for the child during 12 years of schooling and in general lifestyle. Training of all subjects, including Georgian, history, and mathematics, serves to generate general skills. So this should be done earlier.
Tamar Jakeli:– Recently, the National Examinations Center has conducted a survey to determine whether the scores obtained on the exams actually provide the knowledge and willingness of the university to pursue higher education.According to the authors of this study, the connection between the points of the pupil and its possibilities was revealed only in the case of Georgian language and literature. The general skills test did not have a predefined value. Special knowledge of the field plays an important role in evaluating general skills. For example, to give a weak and strong reader the same text whose subject is familiar to the weak reader and unknown to the strong reader, in this case, the weak readers show a better result than the text reader rather than a strong reader. I would like to say that the general skills assessment is incomprehensible if it does not connect to the students, the familiar topic. That’s why it is much better if the general skills (analysis, conclusion, critical thinking, etc.) will be checked in the contextual contexts of knowledge.– It is also planned to cancel the exams, in the eleventh and twelfth classes. In such an encounter, the children will lose motivation for the good preparation of the subject and is not the risk that the ability to enter the school with a school certificate will increase the level of corruption in schools and universities?
– Everything can cause corruption, but we can not refuse to develop this fear, “Who has wiped the sheep with the fear of the wolf”? If you ask me, the source of corruption is more about writing books about general skills.
Tamar Jakeli:– Believe me, this is a positive decision in many ways. The format of the exams was very limited. It was not enough to actually determine how well the knowledge of the school was the disciple. Additionally, education is based on the incorrect presentation of the examination. If the knowledge is not given by the inner motivation of the disciple, it will not bring the value to the result. To get the mark, the knowledge obtained to pass the exam is very shallow, crushed and unused outside the test walls. The knowledge obtained in such conditions does not ensure the development of the internal forces of the student. Returned, unrealized internal forces influence the process of developing a teenager.Now what about the risks of corruption. We have heard from the minister that centralized exams will not be removed before intensive reforms, school culture is not completely transformed, and we will not be convinced that the situation has changed and is fully oriented towards development.
In addition, it is important to note that we are preparing evaluation mechanisms that will be delivered in the fourth, sixth and ninth and tenth grades. These mechanisms allow us to follow each student’s study of how the learning processes are going on, what are the achievements of each disciple, and where they need help. This is necessary for diagnosis and transparency. In such a situation, corruption can not hurt.
– The school system is still challenging in the education system which often makes misunderstandings even in teachers. How can you solve this problem?Misha Mindadze:
– Most of the manuals are really a curious quality that can not endure criticism but it does not matter if the book’s writing needs time and experience. This year, I have not been able to write better. Now the most important and important is the program. A proper, adequate standard for what, when and how to teach the disciple.
Tamar Jakeli:– The problem is that most of the teachers are really chained to the manual. The guide is a pre-established program that can not take into account the situation and needs in the specific classroom. So the teacher should be able to plan a lesson according to the needs of the pupils. Within the new reform, teachers learn how to use the book as one of the resources. We teach teachers as a way to share the process of disciples’ development. This requires a variety of resources.
See also: “Cancellation of exams is a huge disaster on cannabis legalization” – Mikheil Saakashvili’s comments