Kojoridze also said in interview with “Ipress” that he was not surprised by Eka Beselia’s position because he knew in advance that the MP would have a principled position on the court.
Kakha Kozhoridze says that there is a problem because of the lack of judges in the Supreme Court, but he is interested in who today speaks about the problem. In the first issue, the Parliament sees responsibility. The lawyer speaks about the responsibility of the Council of Justice.
Q: What main message did you see in Bidzina Ivanishvili’s statement?
– Ivanishvili’s statement was the main thing for me that Bidzina Ivanishvili did not have a position regarding this list. Nor did he say that this list is acceptable and it is not acceptable. Maybe silence is a sign of consent. We can assume that he likes this list. It’s just an assumption and it would be good to fix the position. If you do not remember, you may feel some inconvenience that I do not know the position of acting judges. But then the general statement would be desirable. For instance, if he were to judge those judges who had made unfair decisions over the years, this decision should be taken into consideration of the idea of the law or the choice of the value of the service. This message does not appear in his statement.
– He made an emphasis on one important circumstance. Namely that in the Supreme Court today there are 10 judges and can not listen to the cases …
– The first thing I want to say is that the absence of judges in the Supreme Court is now set up in these days. It has been in recent years. If a person suffers from the lack of judges in the Supreme Court, then the counter-question arises, why did not the position so far? Today the Parliament of Georgia is the case of 3 candidates nominated by the fourth president of Georgia. Even at the committee hearings, they did not even say at the plenary session. If he was to discuss and toss it, then the president was presenting new candidates. The Council of Justice seems to be concerned about the lack of staff, so far the position did not reveal why the Supreme Court was a lack of judges. Now you have to paint this situation that is a very difficult situation and that’s why the decision is urgent. This situation is used,
– Are these problems in the Supreme and how important is it?
– As for general littleness, I do not deny that this problem really exists in the Supreme Court. For example, a criminal judge in the Criminal Chamber is one judge. The composition of the Chamber is of course not possible, and the Criminal Procedure Judge therefore asks the judge to review the civil or administrative chamber judges. The idea of the Chamber is to make the most competent decisions, so now this idea can not work. A criminal case for a judicial case by a judge is not going to work. Such a lawyer is not a very good judge in any country.
There is a problem, but the task asks us how to solve this problem Let’s decide so that we can count so many candidates together with those who are constantly associated with injustice or thoughtful decisions to take into account the professionalism, experience, and experience of each candidate regarding their views and judgments. In Europe and America, the judge does not just ask a question of professionalism, but he may put it on another aspect.
What happened here, did you see the footage? – 10 surnames and names written on the sheet roll. It did not even go through this issue. They all run together. How can you all like it or not? In the Supreme Court of Human Rights, this is a strange story!
– As for the current problem, because of the lack of judges created in the Supreme. Whose responsibilities do you see?
– First of all Parliament. Parliament should be examined in time to allow new candidates to be presented to the president in case of interference. Of course, the High Council of Justice is also responsible for the selection and appointment of the judges of the Supreme Court, which they have offered us.
The legal situation in the court and the society in general was so admirable that the supreme hopes were that if I could get the job in the first two instances, I could still win the Supreme. Now in the Supreme Court, this kind of killing is also killing. It is clear to me that public concern is the result of this issue.
Q: What about Ivanishvili’s statement about Beselia that he decided to leave the chairmanship of the committee a year ago, what would you say about it? I understand that you can not enter the political part but it is directly related to the judges’ topic …
– When was it decided to step down from Beselia’s compatriots or the Vice-Speaker of Parliament, this is tenth or maybe the same in this situation. Now we are talking about the lifelong appointment of judges in the Supreme Court. We are talking about what the court will have for 20-30 years, so we will talk about what state we will have for 20-30 years. Therefore, we are talking about what state we will have in the next 20-30 years. Democratic State Court. This is an axis that has been confirmed by the experience of all the advanced states. Georgia will be exceptional that we will create a democratic and strong state without court. It’s impossible.
Eka Beselia has fixed the principal position on this issue, I am not surprised. I knew before that this position. Shortly thereafter, I met at one of the meetings where he told me that he would have a principled position on the court and even had it fixed. That’s why I’m not surprised that he was a successful lawyer for years. He knew the situation in the courtroom very well. During the time of the opposition, it was distinguished with principal positions. Now that’s why he has linked with Beselia or somebody else’s resignation to this topic, it’s me a lot. If someone is talking about this, it will be a problem to move the focus. If they talk about Beselia as deputy chairperson of parliament, this is indicative of Ms. Beselia’s right decision. He gave not only the post of chairman of the legal committee, But also the Deputy Chairperson of Parliament. In order to fix the principal position on this issue. Like her other positions, it will be Chugoshvili, Natsvlishvili, Popkhadze, Chichinadze, Gogichaishvili or others, I welcome all such positions and it needs support from the public.
Author: Iago Natsvlishvili